Hostel Policies and Guidelines
Return to top of page
- Entrance and Exit to the hostel: The green door next to the swimming-pool is the access in and out of the hostel for clients. One of the keys on the key chain opens this door.
- A complimentary breakfast is served the next morning of your stay at the hostel. It is serve upstairs in the hostel from 7:30 – 10:00 a.m.
There are no options for early or late breakfasts.
- If you would like to have your room cleaned and the sheets or towels to be changed while you are staying with us, please let us know in the office before 12:00 noon. Rooms are cleaned upon request, otherwise private rooms are not entered by hostel staff.
- If there is something not working properly in your room, please inform us in the office. We will do our utmost to address any issue you may have with your room.
- Luggage storage is $1 per day for each item. We do not assume any responsibility for your belongings. Please make sure you lock your luggage.
- Dreamkapture Hostel offers 24 hours reception service.
- The Travel Agency is a separate business from the hostel and it is open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday - Friday. 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
The hostel night reception person does NOT work for the travel agency; only the hostel. The night receptionist will be NOT be able to answer questions regarding Galapagos, Tours, Flights, etc.
Return to top of page
More than 72 hours prior to arrival - 0%.
Between 24 and 72 hours prior to arrival date - 50% of the price of the room will be charged.
Less than 24 hours prior to arrival date - 100% of the price of the room will be charged.
This policy includes to changes in the number of people per reservation.
The Cancellation policy also includes No Show reservations. You are still responsible for payment of a room which was blocked and reserved for you regardless if you did not arrive.
It is the client's responsibility to contact us if they are unable to keep their reservation. Email is the best way to contact us.
- DO NOT LET PEOPLE IN THE HOSTEL! For everyone’s safety ONLY the manager is authorized to do this.
- Dreamkapture is not responsible for lost or missing items in the hostel. Please keep your room locked at all times. We have a safe in the office where we will gladly secure your valuables in our office
- If you need a taxi, Dreamkapture office staff can make the arrangements for you.
- In case of a fire or natural disaster, please make your way to the area by the swimming pool. There are green signs throughout the hostel to indicate the way out.
- There are fire extinguisher located in numerous locations in the hostel and first aid kits on each level.
BY ECUADOR LAW
- From Monday to Saturday, hostels are permitted to sell alcoholic drinks until midnight.
On Sundays we can only sell alcoholic drinks until 10:00 p.m.
- We do not sell alcoholic drinks to people under 18 years old.
- Smoking is permitted only in open outside areas. Please use ashtrays or ash cans for your cigarette butts.
- All our rooms are non-smoking rooms by Ecuadorian Law. Smoking in the rooms can lead to your immediate cancellation of your reservation and removal from the hostel.
- Use of any drugs, including marijuana, is not allowed and will not be tolerated in Dreamkapture Hostel. If it is discovered or even suspected that you have violated this rule you will be removed from the hostel immediately and if necessary the police will be called. There will be no refunds for lodging when you removed from the hostel.
If you did not find an answer here to your question please use our Frequently Asked Questions page. Most likely the answer to your question is there.
Your comments and suggestions are important to us. If you have a comment please talk to the Manager in the office.