3 Days / 2 Nights
QUILOTOA + CITY TOUR + MITAD DEL MUNDO (Middle of the world)
Near the Andean Mountains west of Cotopaxi is the Volcano Quilotoa (3800 m) with its beautiful emerald colored lake located inside the volcano's crater. The drive passes through Zumbahua canyon and tons of indigenous towns and farmlands.
Before you reach this amazing volcano lake, your tour will visit either Saquisilí (Thursdays), Zumbahua (Saturdays) or Pujilí (Sundays) indigenous markets. Afterwards you travel to Quilotoa and from the top of the crater you will trek down inside the volcano to the lake shore. You guide will provide you informationabout the location and how it was formed.
Weather in Quilotoa is very unpredictable so we recommend being prepared with warm and waterproof clothing. It is best if you can be acclimatized to elevations of 3000 m before taking this tour.
Day 1: Itinerary:
- Transfer from Quito to Chuquiragua Lodge from your Quito lodging, Bus Station, or UIO Airport
- Accommodation in either a Standard room, Premium Room, or the VIP Suite (This will depend on the level of the package you purchase.)
Day 2: Itinerary:
- Breakfast at the Chuquiragua Lodge at 7:00 am
- Pick up at Chuquiragua Lodge at 8:00 am
- Leave towards Saquisili / Pujili / Zumbahua Indian markets (it depends on the day your tour is on)
- Depart from indigenous market and continue to Quilotoa
- Arrive at Quilotoa followed by trek inside the crater down to the lake shore.
- Return back to the top of the crater
- Tranfer to Chuiquiragua Lodge
- Return to your accommodations at the lodge.
DAY 3: Quito City Tour and Mitad del Mundo Itinerary:
- Pick up at 8:00 am at Chuquiragua Lodge
- Visit to the Independence Plaza
- Visit to the La Compañia Church / Cathedral Church / Basilica Church
- Visit the Governmental Palace
- Travel to the Middle of the World
- Visit the Intiñan Museum / Mitad del Mundo monument
- Return to Quito (lodging in Quito not included)
INCLUDED ON THE TOUR:
- Bilingual Guide (English and Spanish)
- Visits to the locations
NOT INCLUDED ON THE TOUR:
- Snacks, Water, other drinks
- Entrances fees to Quilotoa community
- Personal expenses
- Dinners (Dinner can be purchased at the Chuquiragua Lodge restaurant)
- Long Sleeve
- Sweater or Sweatshirt
- Water/Wind proof jacket
- Trekking shoes / sports shoes
- Sun block
- Small backpack
- Snacks and Water